Now that I have started down the path of blogging, I could probably tell you a bit about myself. What better way than answering 30 random “Get to Know me Questions” that I found online?
Here we go:
1. Are you named after anyone?
Nope. My parents liked the name “Devan” which means poet in Gaelic. (If they were hoping for a poetically inclined child then I’m afraid that’s yet to develop).
2. When was the last time you cried?
When I watched Dunkirk.
3. Do you have kids?
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
Depends on who I was.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
(That was sarcastic).
6. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
If they make eye contact.
7. What is your eye colour?
8. Scary movie or happy endings?
9. Favorite smells?
Food. I frequently ask people if I can smell their food – I view it as a sign of friendship.
10. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
11. Do you have any special talents?
Riding mechanical bulls, Christmas shopping, making “To-Do” lists, mixing GREAT drinks.
12. Where were you born?
Vancouver, BC, Canada.
13. What are your hobbies?
Horseback riding, cooking, reading, planning in my agenda… apparently blogging.
14. Do you have any pets?
My mom has an eight-month-old labradoodle named Parker (her favourite child), that I look after occasionally. I also have a beautiful horse named Sophie who’s living on Vancouver Island with a friend.
15. Do you have any siblings?
One (wonderful) younger sister.
16. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Happy, contributing to something, always learning.
17. Who was your first best friend?
On Halloween in Pre-School all the girls were dressed as princesses except for two; I was a skunk, and Janey was an alligator. True friendship was formed.
18. How tall are you?
19. Funniest moment throughout School?
Too many to rank. One time I jumped on my housemate Kirsten’s bed wearing my panda bear onesie and the trap door bottom flew open. That has to be near the top.
20. How many countries have you visited?
Not enough – but grateful to have seen more than 10 (so far).
21. What was your favourite/worst subject in High School?
Favourite subject: Biology. Favourite class: English. Worst subject: Ceramics (but my mom thinks my projects were nice – or at least she displays them in her house… Those two facts may not be correlated).
22. What is your Favourite drink? Animal? Perfume?
23. What would you (or have you) name your children?
Potentially after something I love, such as: Pumpkin Pie DQ Blizzard.
24. What Sports do you play/have you played?
I play track and field and I used to play soccer and horseback ride everyday.
25. What are some of your favorite YouTube channels?
Celebrities Read Mean Tweets & Carpool Karaoke.
26. How many Girlfriends/Boyfriends have you had?
Two. (At different times).
27. Favourite memory from childhood?
Cottage time in Nova Scotia.
28. How would you describe your fashion sense?
90% athletic hobo, 10% surprise everyone by not dressing athletic hobo.
29. What phone do you have? (iOS v Android?)
30. Tell us one of your bad habits?
Too hilarious, too smart, and too humble. Also, very impatient at dinnertime, wears shoes in the house, and can’t read and listen simultaneously.